PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 10:30
Robert G Mugabe

Let me make it perfectly clear that I have never signed up for P2F, nor did I originally sign up for crappy flexicrew. What I signed up for was an integrated flying course which we were sold a TR with and entry into the RHS of easyjet on a permanent contract. The fact that we were sold down the river to pay additionally for a TR and get paid by the hour is not purely my fault. Maybe if you had pushed BALPA from your comfy LHS and refused to fly with "cadets" the scheme would have been ousted at the first symptom.
Look HP lets not get riled young man.

The original contract you signed was not worth the paper it was written on if the terms and conditions were changed. You obviously did not read the small print.

Although in the left hand seat I have never pushed BALPA as I am not a member, never having seen the point in that organisation. A very expensive talking shop with no real relevance. They will not help you if you mess up at work because you messed up at work. As you are finding out they did not help you or those P2F/ flexibod/cadet types.

I see £10 a month you can save. Why dont you pay full membership fees anyway?

Additionally I hardly agree that it was the existing pilots fault you signed for a course of training in order to fulfil a childhood dream. Its never your fault....

I agree, the TP guys should be given greater oppurtunities, but again, that's hardly our fault. Would you have turned down the course 6 years ago? That's the state of the industry
Market forces..

Finally lets agree that the thread starter should not start now.He/she would be stupid to do so.

Some of you who allowed CTC and others to fleece you fall into the naive bracket.

I without doubt may be considered an a**hole but I am not stupid or naive and would not have signed up for the contract you did. My generation are more adverse to financial risk than you chaps. The benefit of old age,treachery and a different mindset.

Off to change the colostomy bag....