PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 09:45
HPbleed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hang on one second.

Let me make it perfectly clear that I have never signed up for P2F, nor did I originally sign up for crappy flexicrew. What I signed up for was an integrated flying course which we were sold a TR with and entry into the RHS of easyjet on a permanent contract. The fact that we were sold down the river to pay additionally for a TR and get paid by the hour is not purely my fault. Maybe if you had pushed BALPA from your comfy LHS and refused to fly with "cadets" the scheme would have been ousted at the first symptom.

You do not make your bed of goose feathers to end up laying on brick do you. Ridiculous assumption.

My interest will be about £10000 over 7 years at 2.75% above base - currently 3.25. But then I borrowed against my OWN name may I add and unsecured, a lower amount than the current funding required. It maybe minimum wage for a year or 2, but that is no different to a modular route, forking out £40-50k initially and ending up on £30-35k if you're lucky, for 10 maybe more years before getting a jet job.

I agree, the TP guys should be given greater oppurtunities, but again, that's hardly our fault. Would you have turned down the course 6 years ago? That's the state of the industry. They've costed themselves out of the market. Now, THEY'VE made their own bed, as have the military guys, they know that there may not be a jet job at the end of it. Why would I go through modular training to get into flybe on a dash when I can go straight onto jets?

Please don't compare what I singed up for, to what guys are currently paying out for. I've made it clear before that I wouldn't do it now.