PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 09:09
Robert G Mugabe

You may think £1000 expendable income is a lot - it's not. My car needs repairs, 3 times last year -£600, £400 and £600 again inc MOT. Can't afford a new one so those repairs will run into next year. I find the months I get £600 expendable just enough to live and save a little bit in case of emergency - such as the car repairs. The months I get £300 or £200 I have to use that spare I've saved to live off.

Do not think this is easy - it may look a lot on paper but it soon disappears. I spend 2 or 3 hours a week looking through my excel spreadsheet of direct debits to see how I can reduce them - there's not movement on anything now so I'm stuck - and I've mananged to get my expenditures as low as possible
HP I think you will find that you and the other cadets/flexicrew are pretty much living in minimum wage territory until you pay off your loans. Paying off the loan in about 8 years or so and paying £17000 in interest at 4%. Long time to be near or at minimum wage. Have fun in your twenties. Situation eased slightly if you get a permanent contract. Last in first out when we stop recruiting or hit the financial rocks , and your loan follows you.

If the unions had been more proactive in nipping P2F and the cadet schemes off in the bud you would not be in the financial position you are in now. Easyjet used to employ new joiners and bond for 3 years until the type rating had been " payed for " . All you chaps have done is pay a service provider a huge amount of money to pay easyJets training costs. Well done you

Then again if BALPA had been more proactive you would be below the experienced Turboprop guys/self improvers and ex military people in the feeding chain.

You make your bed...

Last edited by Robert G Mugabe; 2nd Feb 2012 at 09:28.