PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetGo Australia????
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2012, 08:13
CaptCaveman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well welcome back into the game Cactusjack, good to hear from you again, thanks for picking up that I left out the “h” in “where I live”, must’ve been rushing a bit too much this morning in my desire to go flying. But isn’t it a slippery slope we travel, could you clarify the “croc”, did you perhaps mean the shortened form of the reptile or “crock” with a “k”, as in “crock of sh@t”? I’ll assume the later. Is the banter OK when you’re “BARring up”, as in your previous post but to much for your delicate ears now? Rather quick to jump down on people about BARs and their perceived lack of knowledge to show off your claimed expertise. If you are Australian, as you claim, then I think you’d have to acknowledge that Australians have been having a dig at each other, and where they live, since the first European settlers (or invaders/conquerors as you will) left Sydney Cove to settle elsewhere in Oz. I tell what you mate; I’ll give you and everyone else a free hand to slag off where I come from, NSW, the “Premier State”, and me personally if it makes you feel better. I’ll even get you started with an ‘Oldie but a goodie’. “Did you hear about the big stink between Victoria and Queensland? No? It’s New South Wales” (for those of you who aren’t familiar with Aussie slang, a stink not only refers to a smell but a fight). Come on you Banana Benders, Mexicans, Two Headers, Crow Eaters and Sandgropers, pile on. Maybe you’ve been away from Oz to long Cactusjack, or perhaps, to use a current piece of Aussie slang, you need to, “Harden up, Buttercup”

With regards to personal insults, perhaps I should have been more culturally sensitive to Gobbledock and screwing around with the spelling of his/hers PPruNe handle (but it was to good to pass up after a few libations; cracked up some of my fellow Neanderthal/ bogan mates as well though), the sexual innuendo and suggesting how to advance his/her career was probably a step to far. I forgot that other than the Brits/ Kiwis/ Aussies, other cultures can easily take offence at how we often mercilessly tease each other; quite often I was reminded of this when working overseas years ago with a mixed crew of Downunder/ Godzone types and other nationalities, and the horror with which Europeans mostly, thought of our behaviour until it was pointed out to them, that this was often the way we interrelated and that no, we didn’t actually hate each other but were in fact good mates. Perhaps, Cactusjack in your new European home you’ve forgotten how rough that ribbing can be? So to Gobbledock, if that part of my post offended you, I do sincerely apologise; however, with relation to your “pop phycology babble” about my emotional state and level of maturity, if you think I’m not going to have a crack back at you, you’re dreaming! Will I retract what I said, or apologise for pointing out that it was you in fact who had the infantile response of a figurative footstamp to the JetGo management post with your undiplomatically worded retort and a demand for more information on a public forum when JetGo management had invited you to ask them direct questions, NO.

Spike, again thank you for the two pickups, the “waist/ waste” thing was a bit of a Freudian slip as I was thinking about the waist at which I was looking at the time; the italics thing, yes, I noticed it when you responded about the APA style but the penny didn’t quite drop that that was the important point, a bit of a Neanderthal Caveman I guess. With regard to the emoticons and your niece, well to be honest, she’s probably already got me covered with regards to maturity level and intelligence and I use them as the written word can’t convey my facial expressions, tone of voice, etc, that generally conveys my tongue in cheek attitude; so, I’ll keep using them for awhile, but I thought you had picked up on the overall tone.

As you said, now to the serious bit. I fully appreciate your concern over the potential well being of employees at JetGo, however as I said in the guts of one of my previous posts; “To those of you who’d say what about their employee’s time and money, well there’s no guarantees in this life other than Birth, Death and Taxes, all professional pilots know (or should realise) we’re all only one medical, or two check rides, away from a new career, and the Australian government rules regarding payment of salaries and entitlements are the same for all companies and employees. As the saying goes “You pays your money and you takes your chances”, if offered a job, take it or not, it’s your decision, you should be man, or woman, enough to accept that.” (Yes, vain quoting myself but I can’t be ars#d typing it again). There have been plenty of examples in Australia and elsewhere of people who’ve done their due diligence checks on employers, investment institutions and such, who’ve come unstuck; Ansett Airlines, Lehman Brothers, come to mind. There’s no guarantees in this world old mate, you, I and every one else has to go with their best judgement at the time.

If people want to know about JetGo to do those due diligence checks before applying for, or accepting, employment. Do what JetGo management has invited you to do, ask them! Maybe they’ll tell you (probably nothing commercially sensitive though) or maybe they won’t; but you’ll probably have to man up and actually ask them yourself, not rely on a rumour network and then make your decision either way.

As I said before, you’ll just have to trust that they’ve done their homework, as they’re obviously backing themselves, and that they’re correct. If not, it’s really their problem not yours. The people that they’ve started to employ obviously believe they’ve got their sh@t together and they’ve taken that leap of faith we all have when accepting a job.

Time will tell of course but I’m prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt at present.

The Caveman

P.S. Oh Cactusjack, you took offence apparently at my “Personal insults on individuals”, yet you jumped straight in there with some for me, and then pushed other people forward to do your dirty work. We have several names and insults here in Australia for those who have a go at someone, or thing, but then expect others to do the dirty work, none of them complementary but you should know that of course.

Last edited by CaptCaveman; 2nd Feb 2012 at 08:52.