PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turboprop command or jet F/O
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2012, 19:22
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As you see from the split opinion, there is no correct answer, it is neither A , nor B, it is (as always) C

C = what do you fancy /what rocks your boat.

Finally, pro's & con's to both (as proven by the "ask the public" response,) so finally, your choice.
Speaking personally, I loved, really loved, my 1st jet (DC9) nothing to beat that ethereal silence, both during take-off , & at high altitude. . .and the views but conversely,I would have no problems going back onto a Q400 if it got me a job where I wanted, with the company I wanted (strangely enough I HAVE pondered that particular option) even after 24 yrs of hairdryers. However, I appreciate it is easier to let something go after having sated oneself , than to not want it.
Then again, you are talking what is best career wise, not dewey eyed reminiscences, so, maybe it is also irrelevant

That

What I WOULD have problems with, is jumping back into the RHS, even if you offered me Concorde (OK, for that one I might have managed)
It is a cliche, but it is also entirely true, that sitting in the LHS changes so many things (mostly for the better) in this job we do.
You, and you alone set the mood for the day, if you are RHS with an imbecile, or a nasty piece of works in the LHS, the day is screwed. Yes, it is a good learning experience, but you won't go home singing in the car (actually you might, out of relief it is over )
I have never yet, had someone in the RHS ruin my day, I have sometimes been frustrated, sometimes been angry, but never ever had a complete 4 sector day fecked by having a pr1ck in the RHS.

That is worth a lot. IMHO

There is no right or wrong answer, do as your heart beckons, because your head has a 50/50 chance to get it right. . or wrong.