PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In-wall multimedia cable trunking with tidy exit plate?
Old 1st Feb 2012, 17:22
The late XV105

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree, TD. Exactly why I said conduit and stressed large cross section so the cables are very loose to rattle around inside. As mentioned before, this means that a 90 degree elbow becomes of little consequence; it almost becomes nothing at all if the aperture is large enough and the lower skin of the upper horizontal element (and upper skin of the lower horizontal element!) is only the thickness of conduit wall thicker than plasterboard depth.

The string I agree with too, thanks, Cremeegg. One of my wires will be a surplus cable (not connected to anything) for exactly this purpose. Looks like it is part of the system and therefore tidier than string.

To revert to where I came in, I like some of the faceplates I have now seen but I have yet to find a conduit and faceplate system that I like; because I prefer not to have brushes on the faceplate, I want the conduit to look swish rather than industrial, and seamlessly connected - of identical cross section - to the faceplate aperture. I know it is normally going to be hidden behind a telly and a AV electronics stack, but I can't be the only tediously nit-picking, aesthetically demanding, Ron Dennis of a DIYer on the planet!