PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots Ponder BMI Proposal
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2012, 14:05
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately I don't think any employee group is going to be immune to having to defend their position within legacy carriers over the coming couple of years.

Look at the position AF/KLM is in at the moment with €6.5 billion debts and their announcement that time has been called on ALL contracts with a requirement to re-negotiate ALL contracts over the next 18 months.

Failure to do so will result in nullification of those contracts and loss of employment. Pensions are under the hammer as well and, in a co-ordinated move with the French Government an attack on the French 35 hour working week will be instigated.

Personally I would rather be in a position to be able to flex my terms with my employer than the constant head butting of other groups. The inability of other Unions to move with the times means that those joining from BMI in the Cabin don't have much of a say as to where they end up. Perhaps better than being represented by an over egotistical tomato grower though.

Why does the 'Count' insist on attacking the VCC's all the time, if he got his way then half of Unite would be thrown out for working as VCC. Never let the truth etc.