PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why I turned down Cathay Pacific (SO Transition)
Old 1st Feb 2012, 11:54
AQIS Boigu

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
and again...

newFE,

I don't want to accuse you of being a lazy Spaniard but someone else might do so sooner or later. All the info has been discussed to death on this forum but I am happy to give you some short and concise answers.

Further to cater for your laziness I have converted everything into € and m2 where applicable so you don't need to make the effort to think or possibly do a currency conversion.

-housing price in HK
### mega expensive, HK is the most expensive city in the world - to buy you are looking at €250, €500 and €1000 per square meter for a flat in a ****, average and nice area respectively - for renting you are looking at €10, €15 and €50 per square meter.

-during 32 week training, if I fail should I pay somenthing?
### yes, everything - see previous threads about the new contract.

-what would I get for the 885k?
### 88500 Euros minus tax.

-do they give you a TR?
### No, you get a P2X rating which is valid above 20000ft; it is totally useless outside Hong Kong and not recognized anywhere else in the world.

-is it possible to upgrade to FO earlier because of the new a/c arriving?
### No, strict seniority and upgrades are running at 4 years at the moment and might come down by a few months - new aircraft are mainly replacement since HKG is running out of slots.

-that hours as SO counts as normal ones?
### No, totally useless hours - see your question about the TR.

Hope this helps...

AB

Last edited by AQIS Boigu; 1st Feb 2012 at 13:32.