PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2012, 10:56
FANS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As usual on PPrune, you’re an idiot for disagreeing with someone!

I know of a chap working at EZY at age 20 – but the point about my age comment is that this is a job you can get straight into without strong academic qualifications &/or uni.

You’re right there’s no guarantee of a job – the same is very true for the many lawyers out there with law degrees plus LPC doing paralegal work. At today’s uni fee levels, they’ll have spent a lot of money with even less guarantees than CTC.

We can go on comparing pilot to other jobs but you’re getting mixed up with the numbers - and deducting living expenses which I am afraid to tell you have to be paid in any job you do. The £35k is before loan and a guideline for the gross pay – I think it’s even been issued as part of the OAA MPL scheme now (but someone else can confirm).

Yes you’ve got ~ £100k debt, but everyone knew that before they even turned up at CTC’s/OAA/FTEs open day. With CTC, you’ve got a job flying a 320 that you get paid for in line with market rates for someone with very little experience. What more could you possibly expect when there are many experienced TPs more qualified for your job?