PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C152 vs Tecnam 2002
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2012, 10:11
CAVOK2012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unless the per hour cost is grossly disproportionate the more expensive aircraft will not in itself, have a huge impact on total training costs
I personally don't think it will be the case that the time it takes me to get used to the new aeroplane will make up for the extra cost of the C152 at the other place. As I mentioned before I have flown for 30 minutes, and covered stalls, 2 normal approaches and 1 glide approach which all went well, a couple more circuits and PFLs during dual navex's should see me ready to fly solo in the Tecnam. That's speculation on my part but I got the impression from my instructor that this should be the case following our brief introductory flight.

The most important consideration when deciding where to learn to fly is the quality of the instruction.
As for this, I do get bounced around between instructors fairly regularly...only once have I ever 'disliked' one; I found both his style of teaching and attitude to be flawed, and at one point I was ready to tell him to take me straight back to the airfield So far I feel like having various instructors hasn't held me back...except that once in a while I want to hear one telling me to get a move on with the ground exams.