PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2012, 08:25
yippy ki yay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, well I didn't really mean what I wrote (to an extent) - I just got fed up with reading the same old stuff here so decided to be an ignorant !!

I agree with Callsign Kilo in that after going through an FTO the ONLY options that are presented to you are these SSTR schemes with questionable contracts. They really do sell you the fact that if you aren't prepared to do a SSTR and don't get into one of these schemes you're screwed.

I'm sure its pretty easy to look down at the new cadets joining these schemes and wave your finger at them, saying they're crazy, destroying the industry etc.. saying how they should've done it the proper way by going onto TP first but from I what I came across during my job hunt these were the best contracts out there....and thats saying something!

I'm sure coffin corner would say that if that was the best out there then you shouldn't take it - but lets be serious are you going to turn down a contract which seems to be the best you are going to get at your level? am I really going to be that stubborn and refuse to sign it in the hope that maybe in 10 years time it might be a bit better? I'm not denying that these contracts are rubbish, I'm just saying that once you've qualified and those are the best offers available you really do have to take it (IMO).

As the previous poster said, I guess you could not train in the first place but how many people look at potential contracts in detail before they start training to do something? once you're trained up its too late.

Yes you are probably right, a lot of these people will be paying for the decisions that they make now at a later stage. Pot-less in some back of beyond location, no meaningful social or family life with complete destain for the industry that they work in.
Maybe this applies to you guys too?