PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Android Aviators
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2012, 07:26
AN2 Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looked at the Naviator site but so far I can not see much of European data? How good is Naviator for Europe?

I use Airspace Avoid and Pocket FMS (on the PC) which makes a pretty good combo. I understand as well that Airspace Avoid will get a lot of flight planning functions before too long. Right now, any flight plan saved in Pocket FMS on the PC (V1.6 or higher) will automatically be available for AirspaceAvoid (recent version) and displays there. Good start.

I do hope that Jeppesen will finally port at least Jep View over to Android. Now that the 10 inch tabs are out, there really is no reason for them not to unless they are in bed with Apple. In which case I do hope someone else comes up with a solution for Android.

I use the Galaxy Tab, the 7" original one, and am very happy with it. I also tested Airspace Avoid on a cheap chinese Tab (A81E) and it works just fine. Out of an old Yoke mount I attached the universal kind of connector which allows to connect a bracket for both of them to have them in the plane. Once Airspace Avoid can do the flight planning and tracking as well, that will mean good bye to the Garmin 296 which keeps loosing signal.