PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turboprop command or jet F/O
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2012, 06:29
B737NG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Griasde BB

The Jet counts not the TP. For your total time you add the DH4 time. I flew in the early 90īs as well ERF-AGB-MUC-CGN-THF-RTM-VIE-BLQ-STR and so on. I took the Command and when the company went bust in early 96 I had nothing then TP time. I left the Country towards the sandpit and even we had Glas-type Instruments in the brand new TPīs back "home" nobody was looking at our CVīs seriously as there was no Jettime. We where lucky that the company internaly upgraded us from the TP to the Jetīs when they got some. After one year on the Jet invitations came more frequently in the late 90īs and I ended up in a B737 operation, thereafter it was in 2004 in B777.

As advised before: Take the Jet and who knows what game is played with IQ one day. Look what happens to C3, after the Summer it is almost over.

It is not selfish if you think for yourself: It is your career and your future. Nobody on the market gives a sh..t about you if you are out of a job. As online applications become more and more common it is difficult to draw attention to the individual. You need to fill into the requirements and that includes Jettime to get invitet to proove yourself. Later they are happy that you learned real flying and not only stick-moving and push-button SOPīs.