PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetGo Australia????
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2012, 03:16
CaptCaveman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeez Spike, I didn’t know it was your thread and that stirring or pricking a pompous post wasn’t allowed, I thought this forum was Pprune.

So, do I need your permission to respond or make a post? I tell you what, I will anyway. It could be a glasshouse, not a cave that I’m in but maybe you’re in there as well as you seem to have forgotten a set of quotation marks regarding the second “o”; and as I’m a pilot not a desk jockey like you Spike, what’s “APA” style? Australian Posters Style? As you’re in Brisbane I’ll use another Queenslander's phrase, “Please explain?”

Regarding, whether the JetGo management should take that gulp of humility and listen to the posters on this thread.

The thread started as a question in response to an advertisement for pilots, which is a fair question but since that post. The thread has then had comments about possible involvement of people requiring a butterfly net; Aeropelican involvement; self proclaimed experts pontificating on the choice of aircraft; whether they’re going to get an AOC by the first quarter of 2012 with no consideration that their application could be, and probably is, well progressed if they’re hiring people; somebody complaining about the quality of their website; whether CASA would be sniggering in a corner about their SMS; whether they know about BARS and that it’s mainly a mining company/ service customer requirement and not a CASA qualification; somebody wanting to see the balance sheet(nobody other than their shareholders and financiers will ever get a peak at that I’m guessing); whether they’re going to fail or succeed (fair points); whether their quality of posting on this thread is to someone’s liking; whether JetGo management is able to handle the emotional stress of what’s being posted; etc.

People, this is an anonymous rumour forum, you can’t realistically expect to get all your desired answers on this forum, or not be lampooned for some of the arrogance and ignorance being shown, or the comments people make (as I probably will be for this post and my previous firmly tongue in cheek post has been), it’s a useful tool but not the font of all aviation knowledge. No business is going to give you all the answers you think you deserve, who’d realistically reveal all that information on an anonymous website for all to see.

I think if you want answers it might be best to contact the JetGo management as they’ve invited you to do.

Personally, I’d like to think that they may have suitable aviation experience (possibly more than you and I, or possibly less, who knows); a business plan; arranged financing, as no one’s giving money or aircraft away these days; done their homework on their market and what aircraft the market needs or wants; looked after their requirements regarding their desired AOC and SMS and their compliance with CASA’s requirements in that regard and the standard it’s written too; directed their energies into those tasks and excluded, or deferred, the non-core requirements(i.e. a fancy webpage).

Remember people, it’s the JetGo management and investor’s time and money. If they aren’t serious and professional about it all, then they’ll probably lose their money and have waisted their time, which is entirely their problem.

To those of you who’d say what about their employee’s time and money, well there’s no guarantees in this life other than Birth, Death and Taxes, all professional pilots know (or should realise) we’re all only one medical, or two check rides, away from a new career, and the Australian government rules regarding payment of salaries and entitlements are the same for all companies and employees. As the saying goes “You pays your money and you takes your chances”, if offered a job, take it or not, it’s your decision, you should be man, or woman, enough to accept that.

The reality for most of us in the aviation profession is that we need business people to have the desire to participate in aviation, the conviction of their ideas and business models, and a belief in themselves to put their time, energy and money into aviation to allow us to do what we all love. I’m grateful to my boss for allowing me to have a front row seat in a sweet aircraft; and no it isn’t JetGo, as I personally don’t want to live in the hillbilly state of Queensland ever again.

Either way, time will tell, and if you’re Fair Dinkum about wanting aviation in Australia to expand and provide opportunities for employment, any start up should be encouraged not criticized before you’ve seen the product in service.

The Caveman.

In my Cave, or possibly glasshouse

P.S. Spike, regarding the "i" and how I got my job; no I'm just a good bloke and **** hot pilot. Arrogant bastard to boot

Last edited by CaptCaveman; 1st Feb 2012 at 03:35.