PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C152 vs Tecnam 2002
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2012, 19:31
CAVOK2012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see no reason why you would switch school to get a chance to pay more.
This seems like sound advice. I should have said in my opening post however that I have flown for around 30 minutes in the Tecnam around 2 months ago....and I did enjoy it. It did seem noticeable lighter than the C152.

The biggest issue and difference is braking - brakes for Tecnam are operated by a level between seats, not by pedals. So it will take some to establish "hand operating system".
I'm fairly sure the brakes were similar to the C152, as in tops of the rudder pedals...maybe it's a slightly different model than the one you have flown in?

If your ultimate goals is to fly an humble two-seater, the Tecnam will be quite ok. AIUI, the C152 was conceived as a generic PPL trainer, it might be better suited if you intend to get into serious travelling, which would involve a 4-seater and likely something more than strict VFR.
This is a good point; I fully intend to fly four seater's once I have finished training - taking family and friends for 'bimbles' and what have you....and I'd never rule out IMC rating or night flying later on. My current school have capable 4 seaters, which might another reason to stay.