PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2012, 19:27
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isn't it ironic (no, in fact, to put it better , down -right insulting) that airlines spend all their time thinking up Compass Tests & other bullsh1t , which is somehow supposed to reflect our ability to see & subsequently react to / deal with a problem. . . . what horse manure. Totally and utterly superfluous. .
Far easier would be to see who accepts the deals on offer, & REJECT anyone thick enough to sign up for it. THAT is a test of judgement.

What a cynical paradox, that the judgement (supposedly) required to do this job, should, if exercised, prevent you even contemplating dipping your toe in the water in the current market.

I recently witnessed 7 guys being offered one of the most insulting contracts/personal financial commitments imaginable to drive 737's around Europe.
On the one hand I was sorry for them/despaired for them.
On the other hand I have to admit to feeling a degree of animosity that several of them were so willing to offer themselves up for something that was so obviously just 100% cr@p.

When you see someone willing to work for nothing, absolutely nothing, or even PAY TO FLY the fare paying public around, the only reaction is

Do none of them see that 3mths/ 1 yr down the line with 200-700 hrs on type they are unemployable, because A-not experienced enough & B - not attractive to a company who can find another mug to work for free, or better still, PAY TO WORK.
Gentlemen ( & no doubt some ladies too) some of you are no doubt very nice people , who I may enjoy to spend a day in the cockpit with, nonetheless, I despair & am totally unable to come to terms with your total inability to see the wood for the trees.

WHAT IN HELLS NAME ARE YOU DOING ? ? Did you stop a moment to consider it ?