PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2012, 18:32
Kernow 101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It also seems that one important point is generally missing these days, and that is whilst it is affecting the newer entrant to the aviating fold, sooner or later (sooner I suspect) the companies concerned will soon start to erode the pay and conditions of the more senior flight crew, .....because lets face it, logically it makes sense that if these new guys are paying to become an F/O for the likes of EZY because it skips a few rungs on the ladder to a nice, shiny jet, i'm sure the same companies will realise that after a few years of experience, the new "toy" of today's cadets may well be a "nice, shiny command" and whilst they may not be charged for the honour, a reduced package (compared to today) will definitely be on offer......and if exisiting senior crew choose to ignore this situation today, I suspect they will be the first victims to be put out to grass if they refuse to accept a lowering of their own hard earnt T's and C's - to clarify, I don't agree with it at all, but i can see it happening and heaven forbid, the job really is nothing more than an expensive hobby at that point
Actually that is exactly what is happening now. These airlines will eventually become training schools, FO to CAPT to LTC to TRI to TRE or just a base of choice. Everyone has their little piece of utopia for which they will be willing to sell out to lower t&c's.

From my own point of view I believe it can even be taken back to those who would do anything to fly (whether it be instructing, parachuting, air ambulance, etc) for peanuts to build hours. Current management has just taken what you guys have being doing for decades in GA into the airlines.

It is very frightening to see that even at this scale, supply of new wannabes still outstrips demand! As mentioned above, this only means there is still much more scope for further downward movement in pay! I would suggest this thread would be best viewed in the wannabes section, but fear it will be easily glossed over.