PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2012, 18:05
First.officer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
After reading this thread, it is obvious that regardless of anything else, as has been mentioned already, this situation has plenty of current and future subscriber's to the schemes that the likes of EZY, RYR etc., run, and therefore this "snowball" will run and pick up size and momentum until the cash runs dry, or newbies become less keen on the constantly changing offerings from the various offending airlines, and vote with their feet.

It also seems that one important point is generally missing these days, and that is whilst it is affecting the newer entrant to the aviating fold, sooner or later (sooner I suspect) the companies concerned will soon start to erode the pay and conditions of the more senior flight crew, .....because lets face it, logically it makes sense that if these new guys are paying to become an F/O for the likes of EZY because it skips a few rungs on the ladder to a nice, shiny jet, i'm sure the same companies will realise that after a few years of experience, the new "toy" of today's cadets may well be a "nice, shiny command" and whilst they may not be charged for the honour, a reduced package (compared to today) will definitely be on offer......and if exisiting senior crew choose to ignore this situation today, I suspect they will be the first victims to be put out to grass if they refuse to accept a lowering of their own hard earnt T's and C's - to clarify, I don't agree with it at all, but i can see it happening and heaven forbid, the job really is nothing more than an expensive hobby at that point