PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 2
Old 31st Jan 2012, 14:16
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. When is the IAG deal for bmi forecasted to be concluded?
2. When the deal is concluded, bmi will not become BA overnight. There is no evidence of bmi planning to relinquish their services by a particular date.
3. Early signs indicate that the 340 bmi pilots will initially be on a separate seniority list with PP34. New joiners will also be on PP34 and integrated to the bottom of the Mainline list.
4. While this doesn't look like good news for the recruitment of holdpoolers, (however I reckon you are now closer to finding out) I'd be more concerned with the other excuses that BA will reason ie APD, economic decline, war in the middle east.
5. I have no idea of BA's recruitment requirements for their current fleet, keeping bmi as a separate issue for now. Added to this there seems to be absolutely little indication about the future of their LGW operation and namely the 737 fleet. There seems to be a lot of 737 rated people floating around in the pool doing very little.

That's all I know.

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 31st Jan 2012 at 14:32.