PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thames Airport for London
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2012, 14:08
silverstrata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jabird:

It looks like Boris Island does have one airline backer - I suppose the one with the most to gain. Any guesses before I paste the link?
Well that must be Boris Backer. But I thought he played tennis and went out with multiple lookalike wives?

Skippy

Also, please stop calling it Boris Island, or Silver-Boris. Boris may be about to lose the mayoral election as he's so complacent with one eye on his natural destiny at Number 10, added to the fact he cannot do detailed policy ( i.e. the hard work bit) in any way shape or form. This is not about some blonde sex-mad yet loveable buffoon, this is people's livelihoods and jobs.

Welcome back, Skippy, you were missed.

And I disagree. Every project needs a catchy title. "Project Alpha 957" is going nowhere, but "Silver-Boris Island" stands a fighting chance.

Plus, as I said before, I cannot believe Boris is doing this for political gain. As you rightly pointed out, the proposal is contentious and will meet with lots of opposition. Politicians who just want to be elected, like Tony Blair*, do not do 'contentious' projects.

* Blair's Iraqi expedition was indeed contentious, but there were other imperatives for this crazy adventure.