PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VOR-Holdings (China)
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2012, 11:37
flyingguyforjob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beware

I have a colleague in China flying for Spring airlines. I have also heard similar disturbing stories. He arrived there and after being in calss for 16 days, he sat down with H.R. to sign the three year contract they originally offered and the HR guy shoved a one year contract in his face!. Of course it was too late to go to another airline at that point so he signed it hoping for the best. They told him they would renew year by year. Sure they did but only offered a different contract the next year with much more restrictive clauses… Recently, he was involved in an altitude bust which was due primarily to ATC’s poor English and an F.O who did not speak clearly and then I guess there was a radio failure when they were transferred to the next sector. They are going to ding him 12K!!, which is a bonus pilots would receive at the end of the year. He won’t post here because he’s afraid of negative reprisals. Hope this helps a bit. I know it scares me. Seems that you really have to conver your back side and read the contract terms carefully.....