PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Maintenance - Avionics
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2012, 10:40
Fargoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the repair was a straightforward replacement of a worn item, say a frequency selector switch, and the repaired item is returned with EASA Form 1 saying it has been fully tested and is all OK, then surely the action of sliding it back into place and tightening the securing screw back up doesn't need expert intervention.

The EASA Form 1 tells me it's all OK and if it's the same unit going back into the same rack, with absolutely no modifications whatsoever being made, I fail to see why I need to part with several hundred pounds for something so straightforward.
Have you had a quote for the job, I can't see anyone charging several hundred pounds for this job. You need to ask around at your local flying club and see who they use for small ad-hoc jobs.

What's wrong with your unit anyway? Have you had the fault diagnosed as a definite unit fault and not a wiring or interconnected system fault?

I'm glad you at least investigated the possibilities. Many people would just have gone ahead and changed the unit without looking into the pitfalls.