PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Cadet Contracts
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2012, 10:03
alfaaloop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This makes solemn reading indeed.
I gained my fATPL over 2 years ago the "old fashioned" way by keeping my day job, saving, and spending as I trained the modular route.
I disagree with P2F and paying for TRs hence several IR renewals later I'm still in the day job, albeit debt free.
I can understand if someone started training before the financial crisis began and now has £80K+ of debt, the industry has changed and people are forced to take whatever is on offer to make the the loan repayments.
What I really can't comprehend is anyone ploughing in huge amounts of their (or anyone elses) cash into an industry on its knees in an economic meltdown and being prepared to work for literally nothing afterwards.
I have waited for 2+ years for these people to wake up and stop, hoping that this will bring to an end these demeaning slavery contracts.
No pension? No sick pay? No loss of licence? Paying for your uniform?
Now it seems an airport car park pass is a perk FFS!!
I hear the argument "well once you get your foot in the door you can move on to better things in a year or so".
The problem with that is we are now seeing the "better things" going the same way now, and so it will continue.
WWW if what you say is true about the queues at OAA then god knows what the contracts will be like in 12 months from now.
I'm not a negative person by nature, quite the opposite in fact, but I hold out little hope for this situation improving whilst people are blind to the big picture.
Good luck to all involved- think I might re train as a gas engineer!!