PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More delays for the F-35
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2012, 09:44
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a few questions which are as usual not aimed at anyone in particular, although the first one relates to the link very kindly posted by ORAC.

There are lots of very professional looking web-sites on the Internet but who are the authors and what is there agenda? I have absolutely no reason to doubt the varsity of what is being said but is that because I want to believe in what I am reading?

Should we have anticipated that the F-35 development program would be the most expensive ever for the type of aircraft?

Was the F-35 selected by the United States after a 'winner takes all' elimination contest held against an aircraft built by Boeing? Why were all these MAJOR issues not picked up during these elimination tests? It is not as though the problems being faced by the F-35 are minor teething problems. Numerous major items are only now being discovered and it really begs the question of what tests were carried out prior to signing up for the 35.

Not being capable of catching an arrester hook is more than a trifle embarrassing for a Navy fast jet.

Is there a place for a touch of humour regarding aircraft launched from ships without any ability to land back on a deck?