PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thick passenger comments
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2012, 22:59
cargosales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by regional_flyer
It's something I don't think I'll ever understand. Before I started as cabin crew I knew nobody that drinks tomato juice, and I still think it's the most vile thing we offer as a drink - and yet the passengers go crazy for it! Another favourite at my airline seems to be half a glass of OJ mixed with half a glass of apple juice
I'll offer the opinion that many pax have already sampled the disgusting watery acidic 'cheapest-that-the-caterers-could-get' offerring that passes for 'orange juice' on cash strapped airlines these days, and that they are simply choosing something else.

Personally I can't stand tomato juice so I try to disguise the taste as much as possible with plenty of ice. I like to dilute it further with a double vodka in my bid to make it somewhat palatable. Salt and and pepper and some Worcestershire sauce help to make it vaguely drinkable but for some bizarre reason airlines think that a cheap nasty plastic stirrer and a silly paper doily thing are essential when serving said beverage !

Hic!

CS