PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying into Bournemouth
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2012, 22:49
flybymike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh please do share, surely this is the ideal place for that kind of thing.
Alas t'internet is not entirely anonymous, and too many people know who I am..
Apparently, there's a new Airside Safety Manager or something, who's decided it's suddenly become inherently dangerous for professional pilots to taxi an aircraft onto an apron with an MD Explorer air ambulance parked on it.
Been a couple of recent (fairly innocous) incidents with helicopters which have put the wind up everyone lately. Typical of Leeds reaction and a reflection of modern elfin safety culture They have also been installing new lights on taxiway Lima which may have been relevant.
Some beautiful cars in the "showroom" outside and a wonderful mechanical contraption in MF reception.
East Apron is where all the Multiflight 737 charters and Bizjets go from (Approx £10k per hour for the 73 I think, just in case you fancy a bimble sometime...) The car park makes a great showroom for Bentleys, Rollers etc, although I sometimes wonder how many of them belong to "The Management"
Not familiar with said mechanical device (?) but I dont get up that end of the airfield very often.
I didnt realise the aircraft were their training fleet, I assumed it was a club. Interesting.
How do based at aircraft operate?
Multiflight trainers are in Blue and white fleet livery, mainly Robins and B76 Duchesses but also PA28 and C172 and R22/44.
Probably about 15 SEP/MEP privately owned aircraft in the West hangar and maybe one or two helis. Multiflight in return for a (huge) hangarage fee provide private owners with top class handling, manoevering, refuelling etc all arranged in advance by telephone with the aircraft ready when you arrive. If you fancy a share in our C206 let me know!