PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why Airline Pilots Should Make $200,000 (or more)
Old 23rd Apr 2001, 20:28
Streamline

Nonsens

That's why I got a training worth 200000 Us completely for free.

There were over 2000 candidates and only 6 graduated.

If I add the cost of the investment of the guy's who failed it would be much higher.

Why did they do that ?

Probably because I am not worth it.

I can assure you they got their money back.

Not everyboby with talent can afford a loan or will get a loan, as a consequance a lot of rich daddy's boy's get into the bussiness.

As a passenger you should be happy knowing the guy's up front were very expensive to train simply because money was not an issue only quality.

Your reasoning of investment / return is responsible for a lot that goes wrong in this bussines.

Unfortunately training pilot's has become a bussiness in itself and education should never be like that.

Or are you telling that most doctors are just there to fill their pockets and do not care about their patients.

Be happy that the pilots that are up front do love their job. I would not like to be a passenger if the opposite would be true.

Be also assured that management know that to and if they lack some degree of integity they will abuse that pilot trait at will.

------------------
Smooth Trimmer

[This message has been edited by Streamline (edited 23 April 2001).]