PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JetStar NZ
Thread: JetStar NZ
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2012, 19:33
Roaring Forties

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hurry up and WAIT

Hey Beau,

If you wait for 'Jetstar' - son of Qantas ie. better than the rest (read best)- you will collect your (delayed) pension first. I hear people who applied back in Jul 2011 have still not been called for an interview- BEFORE any of you start, these are 10,000hr Capts with world wide experience, not just Aussie SHARK PATROL pilots. Has anyone told Jetstar that in Europe and N America 6mth contracts are a standard thing ie. 6mth Europe SUMMER or a 6mth N American WINTER. They advertise approx 3mths before the season start and have pilots released to line within 3mths- and that includes LVP. The Downunder fraternity would not know what LVP is. They only have Cat1 approaches in sunny Oz. I also hear the 'assessment' includes a 'Behavioural Interview' with the 'People and Culture Team'. Can anyone decode what the F*** that is all about ? One can only guess its the latest BULL$hit for HR and some pissy wissy Qs on "what do you do at parties?" or "give me an example when you saved the world from destruction ?"

Not for me Beau. I enjoy the world too much to be immersed in the fish tank politics of Oz aviation.