PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did You Fly The Vulcan?? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2012, 12:22
Blacksheep
Cunning Artificer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking of which, hands up all those who managed to put the dustbin lid under the port boxes orifices whilst watching the bundles drop out of the starboard ones!
Yup! In my case, the OC Engineering was mooching around and peered up at the sound emanating from the orifice. A packet of window plopped out at his feet, then burst and turned his shoes into something that would have looked nice on a Xmas tree. As my Chiefy (Geordie Wray) said at the time "Whey that was a rotten shot! Yer shoulda got him on the heed" I got two weeks in the Battery Bay for that little mistake.

Talking of Hellerine, we used all sorts of weird processes back then including a connector that used a little insertion tool and special lubricant for inserting contacts. The instructions informed one to "lubricate the tip of the tool prior to insertion", which is fair enough but then went on to say "the tool should continue to be be rotated in a clockwise direction, even when withdrawing from the hole"

I never managed the latter contortion until my first visit to Thailand a few years later.