PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moremi Air van down
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2012, 09:07
cavortingcheetah
Está servira para distraerle.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The deterioration continues apace then?

Mark Sampson, CAA Botswana says that, as the regulating authority, the CAA is not responsible for an inquiry.
He further states that any inquiry will be conducted by the Department of Transport and Communications, Botswana.
There appears to be nothing on that department's website to indicate that any inquiry is under consideration.

A synopsis so far..

(Dragnet music fill in from left centre).

Pilots have held their own discussion on the world renowned dried plum website.
Pilots have excluded almost nearly any possibility other than a mechanical one for the accident.
Anyone who suggests otherwise is likely to be the object of a certain degree of abuse.
In the absence of an official inquiry all those who lost friends and relatives on that day must needs, so far, be content with the pilots' verdict?
Should it be necessary to have an inquiry when experts have already reached their decision?
Is there really any need for the public airing of working conditions or any other factors which might have had some effect on human resources and the day's disaster?

Perhaps it might be an idea to rather grasp the old nettle, turn the authorities on their heads and set about demanding a public inquiry specifically to exclude any wobblings in respect of the resources of humans? If any inquiry should decide to subsequently decide that there had been any such wobblings, then that would constitute the downside risk to something which doesn't look as though it's going to happen anyway.
Up to now anyone with an interest in sowing dissension or preserving silence must be pretty well pleased with the way things are going.
So how about organizing a petition, to be presented on Batsnews to the Department of Transport and Communications, for an inquiry? Wouldn't it be sardonically ironic to canvass present charter passengers on disembarkation, or boarding if you're brave, for their signatures on a petition demanding an investigation into an accident that happened nearly four months ago and which still awaits its final destiny?

Edit: Maybe I should edit this. If you don't like it, please conclude that I would have done so had I not decided to let it stand while I think about publishing a retraction.

Last edited by cavortingcheetah; 30th Jan 2012 at 09:24.