PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 30th Jan 2012, 06:52
pop4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrshaikat
Hi, can anyone give me idea how long it may take to start the course if i apply now?(if i successfully go through all steps & i live in melb)
"Training duration

Applicants with no prior experience (ab initio):
* Learning Academy: 12 months approximately
* Final field training: 4 – 6 months approximately"

source

However, it is my understanding that tower courses tend to get through the learning academy in less than 12 months, and the enroute courses may take slightly longer than 12 months.

Originally Posted by mrshaikat
and i am from non-English speaking background but as i finished my degree in finance n staying here for 7 yrs , so i am pretty ok in communicating but do i have to have a decent accent for the job?
ICAO requires ATCs to have at ICAO English Level 4 or above, and if you have been in Australia for 7 years, then chances are you probably should be at least at that level. However, the best thing to do is to contact [email protected] directly and ask for yourself.

Originally Posted by Knackers
I'm not sure what the citizenship criteria are.
"To be eligible for training, applicants are required to meet the mandatory criteria at the time of submitting their application. Applicants are required to:
* be an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or hold permanent residency status in Australia"

source