PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moremi Air van down
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2012, 20:53
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I missing something here?

All of these supposed attempts to find out the reason for a crash seem to have a sub-text, bloviating about how poor old Joe Bloggs was the world's greatest pilot who loved his profession, so that for this to happen was inconceivable. Yet The World's Greatest Pilot usually seems to have made a boo-boo, just on the face of it! That is to say, he or she crashed!

I think one has to accept that one of the risks of flying in Africa is that the accidents often are not investigated properly or else they are the subject of a cover-up. I can think of about a dozen that fall into one or both of these categories.

If the authorities are moved to investigate (and you may be surprised to find out that there is some sort of investigation under way, since that is usually kept out of sight until it's done) that is fine, supposedly what you want.

On the other hand, here some of you are trying to argue a case without having any facts to argue with. You obviously want some proof right now that will contradict the unfortunate assumption that the accident pilot was somehow to blame.

Once you have some facts in hand, that might be the time to slag off the authorities or the CEO or whomever contributed to the accident but until then, the one or ones in the crosshairs is/are the late pilot/crew of an accident flight, when that is just another risk we have to accept.