PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - Wannabes & Recruitment I
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2012, 20:46
irishmanc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unrealistic career change ambitions

It does sound as if I, as an older applicant, have very little chance, if any, of being successful in changing careers to become cabin crew - given the fact that my current retail employer has always been rabidly opposed in every possible way to my unrealistic career change ambitions and has constantly attempted to demonstrate to me in every practical way that how and why I will never meet the requirements for the cabin crew role with any airline, because dreams can never be the reality of life, the new PM at our location based on the needs of the business has sent me on an occupational health assessment with the objective of actively dissuading me from changing careers at my age, while also taking certain undisclosed steps in co-operation with certain other bodies, to ensure that I am actively prevented from doing so on an ongoing basis - it is deemed as such in thier infinite wisdom and on a common sense basis, according to the needs of thier business, therefore I need to let go of this undrealistic career ambition and withdraw my applications currently being made and simply to accept what they say, while staying quiet about it - fact is if I had met the requirements for being cabin crew I would have got it long ago and I would not have had to throw good money after bad, wasting money con courses and books when it was always going to be the same outcome - I'm also getting counselling as its always human nature to want what we know what we can never have as it is now obvious that I have previously undiagnosed mental health issues which unrealistic career ambitions are obviously a symptom of