PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2012, 17:54
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yoyo, great shots, bravo!

Regarding the Bo105C at Gatwick's Beehive I regret to say that I have no recollections of this craft but, as you rightly point out, the aircraft bears the BEA logo and which, I think makes it fair to assume, that it was most likely on trial or lease to them.

While on BA .. can anyone tell me how Jock Cameron finished-up his days? My godfather was in touch with him for some years after he retired from BA but from around the mid-80's I never heard anything more. Also, can anyone recall some of BA's Chief Pilots after Jock?

G-AVZH

Wonderful to see this craft and great that you have been able to put your finger one of the aircraft listed on page 62 identifying the few remaining 'A' reg 206's still to feature on Nostalgia!

AVZH was delivered to the Hanson Trust (Air Hanson) in December 1967 and must therefore have been their first helicopter and the predecessor to G-AZRU (which has featured previously on this thread) which was used as James Hanson's personal runabout.

In your image it is possible to see (on ZH's tail) Hanson's 'colours' an oval device with four divisions in red and white contrast and which made-up the centrepiece of the wings worn by Hanson's pilots.

AVZH was the 6th non-Bristow 206 in the UK and the 14th 206 in the UK overall.

The UK's first 10 (non-Bristow) 206's were:

G-AVSN - Ferranti Helicopters
G-AVTE - BSR
G-AVVH - David Brown Tractors
G-AVYX - SWEB
G-AVZG - Tommy Sopwith
G-AVZH - Lord Hanson
G-AWGU - BEA/BA
G-AWJL - Point to Point
G-AWJW - Ferranti Helicopters
G-AWLL - Sir Robert McAlpine

All of these were built by Agusta with the exception of G-AVTE.