PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Thing I Couldn't Do .....
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2012, 12:49
Peter-RB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peter,

Firstly dont give up, ...when I was at the early learning stage, I could not find that magic little thing to hover in one spot I was taught on the R22 but at that point I didnt realise just how twitchy that machine was, yet there was me holing the stick full of willpower and muscle, but could I stop that heli from wandering oor yawing with the wind, no chance, I was even more frustrated when my lady instructor at Egnh took control to show me yet again just who easy it was, my problem was one of overcompensating and trying to guess the oposite from where the wind had pushed me from, I was swinging about like a clock weight, I was truly so hacked off I was on the verge of giving up, so we stopped went for a break and a talk.

next flight 20 mins later I went out and after my prep of the heli off we went again, two pilots had spoken to me and both said the same thing relax and forget you iron grip, I did, and it worked, I was even congratulated by the tower who were very quiet on this day, no doubt I had impressed them with how to do a Waltz with the R22.

Its now just like ridng a bike, only a might more expensive!

Peter R-B