PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBC2 The Real Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines
Old 29th Jan 2012, 11:24
funfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interested to hear the range of comments. Personally, as am ex 3axis microlight flyer, I was at annoyed by the references to the unreliable 'lawnmower' engines when in fact Rotax are some of the most reliable around and highly respected. Also by portraying microlights seemingly made from a few bits of scrap iron and string when this is simply not a fact - they made it look too 'gung ho' for me and I don't think it did the Microlight community any favours. If anyone is attracted to microlighting by the portrayal of unregulated and dodgy flying then a few lessons will bring them into reality. Yes, I knew people who flew aircraft less than legal, without radios and doing all sorts of things, but the majority are fliers with reliable equipment and a safe and serious attitude to flying. I did however enjoy the program as a bit of tele and I suppose I have to accept that all people who live in London are not like those in Eastenders