PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information on Panshanger
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2012, 10:22
Jofm5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did a few lessons at panshanger and also a few at booker, its a lot of money to spend so it may be worth visiting (if not having a lesson) with a couple of different schools to see which you like the most.

Just for the record there was a bit of Anti-Panshanger thing on here with some people not liking the CFI/Owner there (I believe this was a personality thing). So if you do a search on here you will probably find lots on that.

Personally I found Panshanger very welcoming, the person in question in other threads I found no issues with. The out of the box cafe serves good food if your gf wants to wait around whilst you have a lesson.

There are plenty of social events (pm me your email address and i can forward on their most recent club updates) and as a club I found the membership and training on the cheaper side of others that I looked at.

Other things of note is that it is a grass runway (may be subject to water logging now and then) and there is no ATC as such just a radio in the club house.

Feel free to PM me any questions you may have..