PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Exodus from Skippers (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2012, 09:23
bigbrother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attitude plus .......well Attitude is the answer here, and with REX and QLINK, well, no need to go on. When the arrogance of the Management toward Professional flight crew is that they travel all the way across the country and provide no incentive, accomodation, or transport, the make you sit a bunch of B.S interviews (more HR Crap) and sim (cough) checks, then advise you there is no relocation assistance should you be selected, oh and don't mention the 'Training Salary', no wonder they can't get crew short of recruiting from O/S. and I for one will be contacting my Union to ensure I have my say heard in this regard. I urge you all to do the same as we are now on the verge of the slippery slide of wages and conditions. I can assure you there are pilots from all over the world out of work at present, and they are turning toward our little neck of the woods. We have enough pilots making thier way through this discracefull industry trying to ech out a living without being flooded by o/s crew driving down W&C. You boys and girls need to start screaming very loudly at your local MP and Union to ensure a future. When a truck driver, bus driver is making $55K anywhere in Oz, let a lone the $130K+ in the mines, and pilot wages continue to languish with cries from some quaters how we are over paid, you better start getting political and militant or get out now. In the current world climate we do have to be careful to not price ourselves out of work, but we can protect ourselves and the investment we have made over many years in our trade, to ensure we have a local industry which can at least support and reward us for what we have put into it. These companies will shortly lobby Ministers of Govt. to say ," we can't get pilots and need to import". Bull****. They are there, but you gutter rat employers tender low, cut wages, and then complain you can't get crew. Makes me sick.