PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Captain v VAA F/O
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2012, 07:55
Craggenmore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compare that to the stability of a 5/4 roster, always home at the end of a working day, earlies nicely separated from lates, etc.
I disagree PENKO.

It's not as black and white as that. At EZY LGW you would have at least one transition on day 5 of earliers per month meaning you would finish at 23.30 and not midday.

One a month for 12 months? That's 6 more days at work in the company's time that you're not reimbursed for financially and you do not get that rest back in another block. By 1300 on that 5th day you should be at home resting, not starting! Period.

And regarding the 5th day of lates - I ask you; is it really 4 days off after lates. You're not even home by midnight and then on your 4th 'day off' you have to be up by 0430 the following day to start day 1 of earlies thereby rendering that final half-day as, by and large, useless..!

FLR - I agree, what is it about the pressurisation of EZY's 319's. My ears were always popping in the climb and descent. I think we had the cabin up at 8700 in the cruise did we not.

On the 330 I'm now on we have it at 6400 ish and I've yet to pop..! Beautifully comfortable: ok: