PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moremi Air van down
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2012, 06:16
flying ham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I agree that this thread has deteriorated somewhat and there have been some personal attacks. Those attacks have not been confined to this Sue Smart character who, I learn more and more about each day and I am not impressed with what I hear regarding her management and people skills. Attacks have been made against Martin as well. For the record I posted performance figures for C208 operations in defense of Martin’s operation of the aircraft and after some questionable remarks by Cavorting Cheetah regarding Martin/AKD being too heavy and then the pilot ignoring the WAT tables in the back of the POH. I did this because I did not believe Martin had exceeded the POH having met the man and briefly spoke to him on and off over a few weeks some years back. I believe he was not the type of pilot who would have done that. Although I understand your frustration as some here attempt to argue what should and should not be posted and in the end edited, and maybe the reason some like flying harry may be upset is like me there are people out there who believe Martin’s name should not be damaged by idiots throwing unsubstantiated rumors around. Maybe we should expect that people should think about what they say before they say it (as previously mentioned by others) so that people like Martin don’t suffer in their own absence. If said, print a retraction of sorts, seems like a fair system.

As for the suggestion that Moremi Air should issue a press statement I wouldn’t believe it if I read it. I have been told it would be so much b******t if it came out. When AKD’s accident happened Moremi Air took three days to release a press statement and even then Sue Smart could not get the number of people on the aircraft correct. I have spoken to pilot’s who heard the number of people on board as it was communicated over the radio during the accident response. Yet Ms. Smart could not get it right in an official company press release after 72 hours. You can equate this to Management deliberately doing this or accidentally doing it – either is pretty disgraceful under the circumstances. If I hear anything Foxcotte I will pass it along. I understand he was your friend.