PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBC2 The Real Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines
Old 28th Jan 2012, 23:43
Shaggy Sheep Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The person who made me uncomfortable was RMH. I don't really care how experienced a pilot he is, how capable he is, or how idiosyncratic he is....what I care about is that he was held up as a leading light in the microlighting world, and then did some bl**dy stupid things, the main one of which was undoing his seatbelt whilst in flight. Being a student, I am happy to be corrected, but surely since the POH has seatbelt checks as one of the pre-flight checks, then taking it off 2500' up to turn around in your seat is illegal, no? It's certainly dangerous, and gives the wrong message, as far as I am concerned.
Hey, Ian. Did it not occur to you that RMH, having overflown Everset in a microlight and done lots of other amazing stuff, might know what he's about when he undoes his seatbelt in flight?

Do you wear a yellow jacket when you climb the stairs in your house, just in case you might otherwise collide with the wife as she comes down (but only if she too isn't so attired?)?

Amazingly, some of us who've been flying for several decades have learned that you survive by assessing the risk, and making your own descisions. Else it's best just to stay on the ground.