PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane went tech at an irritating moment! Have you had it?
Old 28th Jan 2012, 13:31
Crankshaft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few years ago, in winter time, after months of non flyable weather, I finally got myself out to the local club. About an hours drive, getting in to the club house, checking notams, weather, the aircraft logbook - all looks fine.
Getting in to hangar, just to notice that something rather important is missing from the aircraft - WINGS were gone!
Not a notice anywhere! Nothing on the club web page, nothing in the logbook, no indication anywhere that something was going on with the aircraft.

Anyway, a month or so later, I had received positive feedback that the wings were now in place after some maintenance. Once again getting out to the field, this time pretty certain that I will have a nice flight. About the same preflight procedures, walking out to the hangar; Yep, wings are in place, but hey wait... This time there's no ENGINE!
At least this time someone had put a big note on the the instrument panel: "Do Not Fly".

That's when I decided to get my own aircraft as soon as I could afford one. Today I have, and have never had any unexpected tech problems.