PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAR IRI(H) privileges
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2012, 03:41
Bravo73

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Peter PanPan
@Phoinix: interesting thread, actually it raised more questions on my side.
[LIST=1][*]Does "extension of the IR(H) privileges" encompass extending from SE IR(H) to ME IR(H)? Someone on the forum recently suggested that an IRI(H) was needed for that when my understanding is that training with a TRI(H) holder of an ME IR(H) is sufficient in order to extend from SE to ME IR(H).

So to me what Phoinix concludes with "TRI(H) + IR(H) = IRI(H) on type" actually makes sense.
PPP,

I think that you might still be getting your wires crossed and, if it really concerns you, I think that you'd be best to get clarification on this matter from your aviation authority (is it the CAA?)

My understanding is that an IRI is still needed to convert an SE IR(H) to a ME IR(H). The way I see it is that a TRI can train you (or 'effect') a TR which is on your licence. However, bearing in mind that an IR is obviously a separate rating (although normally 'tied' to an aircraft type), an IRI is needed in order to train for it or 'effect' it, so to speak.

However, my disclaimer is that I am neither an IRI nor a TRI so please don't take my word as gospel. I can, if you want though, have a word with one of the TRIs when I back into work on Monday to see if their priviliges extend as far as converting a SE IR(H) to a ME IR(H).

Edited to add: Doh. I probably should have read rotarywise's post before I replied. He covers this issue here:

Originally Posted by rotarywise

Extension of IR(H) privileges from a SEH to a MEH - instruction may be given by an FI(H) with IR(H) privileges i.a.w. JAR-FCL2.320C(e) or an IRI(H) provided that either holds the relevant MEH type rating (Note - the FI(H) option does/did not apply in the UK because they screwed up the implementation of JAR-FCL2)