PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AirNAV VFR - Sentient Software - Recent Experience Anyone ?
Old 28th Jan 2012, 01:48
Spode

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've contacted them via the form on their website, a message on the phone and a direct email, to ask questions about their new GPS. Been several weeks and no reply.

However, my my main question is this. I am hoping someone reading this can answer it as it isn't clear on their website.

Is all access to expired charts blocked, or can I still plan with them but not copy them to a GPS or print them?

In other words I want to plan some long trips (as a holiday) but it will take me months to get it arranged, get support etc. So I want to be able to see and plan on old charts to get where I want to go sorted out, and then I will update the charts I need before I go. I don't want to subscribe to the premium package if I will only need a few of the charts (besides my local area) very often.

An advantage of having a pile of old paper WAC's is that I can play what-if games by planning trips and eventually deciding on which one I want to do, then I go and get the up to date charts and do it for real. I want to recreate that ability with AirNav VFR.

Thanks for any info!