PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London Guildhall University - DL
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2002, 01:00
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question London Guildhall University - DL

Hi!

I've now contacted, and received replies from, all 7 schools which do distance learning courses for the ATPL exams, and I've narrowed it down to a choice of two.

Of the two, one not only sent me an excellent information package, but also comes very highly recommended by several people.

The second school which I'm considering, however, I haven't heard very much about, and that's London Guildhall University. A search of the forums didn't come up with much, except <a href="http://www.pprune.org/cgibin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=008085&p=" target="_blank">this thread</a> from last year, which seems to be very positive, but is related to the full-time course, not the distance learning course.

So if anyone out there has done ATPLs at LGU, especially if it was distance learning, how did you find the course? Was the material well presented and easy to study from? Did you get the support you needed? LGU seem to only want 2 weeks of full-time study (one week per module) whereas everyone else wants 4 weeks (two per module) - why is this?

Thanks for any advice!

FFF. .-------