PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Engineer debunks theory of flight
Old 27th Jan 2012, 22:28
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...........'griffo' thanks for yr post although I had to duck off to the loo only after a few short seconds of watching all that water flow.....wasteful it was too, some simply don't care about water conservation!
I recall doing such an experiment at school in a science class (yes that's about all I recall about school!).
A trick that dear old dad showed us as kids in the car was to stick ones hand out the window whilst moving along at speed & watch the change in lift as we either kept our hands flat against the wind on a shallow angle or curve/cup our hands, the latter produced far more a force upwards, dear old dad he was so clever & he was just a TV repair man!.

I'm with you 'griffo' ...............who cares???? I didn't invent the theory, I can't change it so I accept that when I haul back on the stick I go up along with the many tonnes of hardware strapped to my bum, I also get scared!

I subscribe to the theory that for every action there's an equal & opposite reaction, well so says Mr Newton & that's not the CH 9 guy either! So if it's good enuf for him it's good enuf for me
Now on with the theories!

Wmk2