PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane went tech at an irritating moment! Have you had it?
Old 27th Jan 2012, 21:04
Ultra long hauler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plane went tech at an irritating moment! Have you had it?

Okay,

so a technical breakdown is never nice!
It´s kind of like having a flat tire on your car……hardly ever does it fill my heart with joy.

However there are bad & worst moments for your flying beast to go tech on you, and no; I´m not talking about "in the air" or anything dangerous like that; flying-wise!

This thread is about frustrating moments where you specifically did NOT want to have a problem……only to find you had one anyway.

I´ll tell you about mine:
This is a (short) video we made a while back……after the very 1st taxi test:

No, maybe not the most exciting video on Youtube but for me it was brilliant to finally be under power……the process of importing and kitting her out had taken a long time due to several (boring) reasons--> but all misery was forgotten by then!

Only a few weeks after the above video was made, the EFIS was installed, as well as the spinner, the name and a few other details…….we were ready for the 1st flight!

There I was, with my camera; the mechanic / test pilot was about to jump in after warming her up etc; I´d join him for a 2nd trip if all turned out to be OK that clear and bright morning…….
Right that moment one of the Rotax CDI`s decided to pack in on us……..we didn´t know it at the time--> we just got very low Revs on 1 of the magnets. The fault finding took a good few hours, and it turned out to be a part which you can´t get locally……….and with me leaving to work for a few months shorty after………well, it screwed up my day--> to put it mildly!
Bummer!

Now we´re getting close to "1st flight" again………..could it be??
Would it be?????

What was your most inconvenient / irritating moment??

###Ultra Long Hauler###