PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EZY Captain v VAA F/O
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2012, 19:16
Granary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ron, how old are you? There is no need to answer the question it is more of self question really. I have been around this business for yonks and I am certain in my own mind that you should stay as you are. You have a command. you have stability and you have an employer who knows what they are doing.

Stretching your arms and legs is a natural thing to do. Stretching your ambitions can be a disaster. Stretching your family to match what you feel is a step too far IMHO.

Taking the step into BA is not, and will not, be what you think it might be. Stabilty is what you should aim for right now simply because the world economy and our economy is in dire straights. What could be worse than to make a mistake that costs you and your family terrible grief.

I imagine you are probably around 40. If so you have a lot of time to consider your future - but ONLY when the country and the economy stablize. That may take another 5 years but you and your family will be snug as a bug in a rug.

ANYONE assuming this is the right time to change is living in a pardise that doesn't yet exist.

Ron, grasp with both hands what you have an be thankful. Tis better to be thankful that you made the right decision than to have made the wrong one.

I have a few friends who are captaines in EZE and they would dream of moving in the near future.

Whatever you choose I wish you well.