PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Upgrading NPPL to PPL, what can I credit?
Old 27th Jan 2012, 18:14
6UP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upgrading NPPL to PPL, what can I credit?

Hi All,

Trying to find out some infomation on converting my NPPL (SSEA) to a full JAR PPL.

If I were to ever go down this route it would be with the view of gaining a CPL and ATPL so I'm not too worried about the advantages of having a PPL over a NPPL and out of interest, the NPPL more than serves it's purpose for the flying I do at the moment.

I came into powered flying from gliding, gaining my silver C and doing the minimum 10 hours plus exams etc for my NPPL (SLMG) however I'm not sure wherether the instructor was JAR or BGA.

I then did a 5 hour SSEA tailwheel conversion with a JAA instructor and added this to my licence.

I have also completed 3 hour trail lessons (all JAA on group A), one in 2002 on in 2008 and one in 2011 (only the last one is entered in my log book by the instructor)

I own a share in a LAA Group A aircraft and am slowly building up hours in this (not hour building as such but flying for personal pleasuire, but gaining flight time in the process)

I have looked at LASORS C6.2 and it seems to state that the minimun I would need to do (assuming I could reach the requied standard in this time) would be 20 hours dual with a JAA instructor and 10 hours supervised solo including QXC and passing a skill test. I would need 45 total of which 35 must be in a SEP (I dont have this yet but invisidge having it by the end of summer).

I also have a touch under 70 hours gliding.

So where does all this leave me if I wanted to get any dual instruction in over the summer and take the skills test around autumn time?

How much dual would I need (legally, taking into acount what I already have)?

What of my previous experience can I use and what can I not?

And last but not least where will the current goings on with EASA leave me timewise?

And would it be possible to pay an instructor to supervise me but do the 10 hours solo in my group aircraft?

Many Thanks in advance 6up