PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAR IRI(H) privileges
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2012, 15:53
Peter PanPan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I get the difference between ab-initio instruction conducted on a HU269 by a FI(H) for instance and type rating instruction on a S-76C+ by a TRI(H) obviously rated on the SK76, I am a little confused by the difference between a Single Pilot Single Engine TRI(H) conducting type rating training on a HU269 to CPL(H) holder and a FI(H) doing the exact same job. Guess it's what 212man referred as "overlapping privileges".

@rotarywise: "There are advantages to being a TRI(H) rather than an FI(H), not least that there is no restricted period and a TRI(H) can act without supervision from the day he gets the rating."
Thank you for your post, it shed a lot of light into this topic in my opinion. I would also add that a TRI(H) can conduct both type rating instruction and instrument instruction (And possibly MCC instruction provided he's qualified on a ME MP type), which a FI(H) cannot do, unless he holds a IR(H) and it's for the required instrument instruction for the CPL(H) correct?

@Jet Ranger: I know a TRI(H) can conduct instruction for the extension of SE IR(H) privileges into ME IR(H) but I would guess that you need to convert your SE IR(A) into an SE IR(H) first, only then you can extend it. And yes your B212 TRI/TRE could do the job.